Creating masked emails in the app?

joshmurphy
joshmurphy
Community Member

I started using Fastmail and the masked emails feature. It works great, until it doesn’t. If I can’t get the safari extensions to show the create masked email option (usually from poor website design), the only other option is to sign into Fastmail and create one from there and then I have to go back to 1Password to input it to there and then finally back to the website.

Why is there no way from within the app to generate these emails?

Comments

• Hello @joshmurphy! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! We do have an existing feature request open to add the ability to generate a masked email address using the 1Password app and I'll add your vote there so that the product team is aware that this is something that you'd like to see. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1983

• joshmurphy
    joshmurphy
    Community Member

Disappointed that there’s been no progress on this. Looks like Bitwarden is implementing the feature correctly

• @joshmurphy

I'm sorry that I don't have any updates to share. Personally I've been using the Fastmail iOS app in those rare instances where I have to manually create a masked email address and I've found that to work well. But I do agree that having an option inside of the 1Password app would be more convenient and your feedback is with the product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30748015

• martinewski
    martinewski
    Community Member

The suggestion is the correct implementation for those 90% of times the web extension doesn't offer to create a masked email. At least we already have half the work done by creating a new login.

• @martinewski

Thank you for adding your voice. 🙂

-Dave

• DefiCzech
    DefiCzech
    Community Member

I vote for this feature too. Auto suggestion is not reliable at all.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023

Noted @DefiCzech Thanks for letting us know you'd like this ability.

ref: PB-34483497

• DancingTable
    DancingTable
    Community Member

Was just about to post the same thing. I think it’s unacceptable that it’s been out almost almost 2 years and it still can’t be done in the app. In fact, I rarely even use it because of that limitation.

• DancingTable
    DancingTable
    Community Member

It’s been nearly 2 years since this integration rolled out… how is it not in the app yet? It’s such an obviously needed feature. Yet all we get is “your feedback is noted” with no actual integration.

This is pushing me to bitwarden,

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023

@DancingTable

I've merged your comments into the same thread so that we can keep the conversation in one place.

Thank you for the request, I've let the team know that you're eager to see manual generation of masked email aliases be introduced to the app. I personally use the Fastmail app on my iPhone when I need to manually generate a masked email address and that seems like the best workaround for now. 🙂

-Dave

ref: 35382794

• DancingTable
    DancingTable
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Yeah, its a fine workaround - but its a workaround. It's an extra step that shouldn't need to happen AND it means I can't block/unblock emails in the 1password app like I can when they're generated in 1password.

• @DancingTable

Thank you for the additional comments, hopefully our product team can add plans to further build out our integration with Fastmail in the future.

-Dave

• rebea12
    rebea12
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Can we prioritise this feature please. The UX is broken

• @rebea12

Thank you for the request. While I can't make any promises, I've let the team know that you'd like to see this feature be added to 1Password for iOS as well. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37709997

• Vaxter
    Vaxter
    Community Member

Hello, I would like to add my contribution to this thread, because the integration is currently broken.

Having to create manually an email alias in Fastmail most of the times make the whole point of the integration inoperant, and for me it looks like a beta feature, the integration should not be considered complete if we can’t create aliases manually in the 1Password app.

This integration has incredible potential, and it’s a very missed opportunity right now !

• @Vaxter

Thank you, I've passed along your feedback to the team internally. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-38037899