How can I delete old vaults?

Options
amw29
amw29
Community Member

I had passwords I wasn't using anymore in a vault called "old." Then the archive feature came along and so I archived all those passwords that weren't being used. But when I tried to delete the vault "old," I saw a popup that said the items in the archive would be deleted as well?? Is there a way to get rid of vaults that do not contain anything but archived items? Or what is the best way to do this?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello @amw29! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Each vault has its own archive and if you delete a vault then you delete the items in that vault's archive as well.

The best way forward is to move the items currently in the "old" vault's archive into another vault that you're planning to keep. You can right-click on the items in the archive, click Move, and then choose the new vault. This will move the items to the archive of the new vault. Once all of the items have been moved from the "old" vault's archive and you confirm that you can see them in the archive of the vault that you're planning to keep then you can delete the "old" vault.

Let me know if you have any questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: YIJ-76658-117

• amw29
    amw29
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P! This is basically the route I went so good to know that was the design/intent!

• @amw29

I'm happy to hear that you were able to set things in order. ๐Ÿ˜Š

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.