Removed access to vault and need help finding it again!

Options
reebs26
reebs26
Community Member

Okay, this is probably the stupidest question you've ever received, but I had two vaults that appeared under my account. I decided to exclude them, but it seemed like entries kept showing up anyway. So then I chose "manage access" and unclicked them. Now, though, I'd like to see something in those two vaults, but I have no idea where to go retrieve them.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 9.6
OS Version: Mac OS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:I removed access for myself to a vault and now I can't find it

Comments

• Hi there @reebs26

If you've managed to remove your own access to a vault, you can give yourself access again if you're a Family Organizer. (Worth noting: You can never give yourself access to any other family members's Private vault, nor can you remove access to your own.) but for other vaults, here's what to do:

1. Sign in to 1Password.com.
    2. Click Vaults in the sidebar.
    3. Choose the vault in question.
    4. Click the "Share Vault" button in the top-right corner.
    5. Enter your name in the "Add emails and people" text box. After the first three letters, it'll autocomplete with the rest of your name. Choose your name when it appears.
    • If you want to adjust what permissions you have, you can do so from the ⚙️ gear menu next to "View & Edit".
    1. Click "Share ①".

This is what that'll look like in sequence.

You'll then have View & Edit access to that vault, unless you changed that in step 5. Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.