Limiting Vault access

jdoug
jdoug
Community Member

want to keep passwords separate, one vault for personal, one for work. Searching would be limited to "work" when logged in as work user, personal only for personal.

Got family membership. My master account has access to all vaults since it's the admin.
my second email address/account will login for access to work Passwords.

Want to use the master email/account for personal, but what happens if I remove master account abc123@abc.com from the "work vault". Can I still admin the work vault, or do I lose rights since abc123 is no login associate with that account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @jdoug

I wonder if using the Search function a bit differently would help here instead, and reduce some of the potential for complexity.

If you have two vaults, let's say Home and Work, you can search only that vault by clicking the vault in the sidebar and pressing Ctrl + F. You'll see =vault:Home or =vault:Work appear in the Search box at the top to show that you're searching only that vault.

You can control which vaults are shown to you in the browser for autofill purposes – right-click 1Password in the browser and choose Settings, then scroll down to "Accounts & Vaults" and turn on or off things to your preference.

Give that a try and if you find that you run into trouble doing something or you need any more help, please do let me know. It's probably better to avoid creating multiple accounts unless it's absolutely necessary. If there's a hurdle, I'll be happy to see if there's a better solution.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

— Grey

• jdoug
    jdoug
    Community Member

Thank for the info. going with Web browser add-on looks to accomplish what I am looking for.

• @jdoug

I'm happy that Grey was able to help. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.