Using fastmail integration to generate masked emails on Android?

Options
eloytoro
eloytoro
Community Member

Hey, first of all I wanted to say that the new v8 is great and I'm liking it a lot, specially the UX.

Now, i have a paid fastmail account and so far I'm liking it a lot, i try to make use of the masked mail feature as much as I can however I have two big blockers
1. I don't know how to use this feature in Android
2. I don't know what login a masked mail is linked to when I get emails from it, i understand that it's an integration between the two companies that makes this possible, but it feels somewhat incomplete

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @eloytoro, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password 8 for Android!

Creating Masked Emails automatically is possible with 1Password in the browser but not 1Password for Android. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I've added your interest to a feature request for creating Masked Emails with 1Password for Android.

If you're creating a new item on 1Password for Android and would like to use a Masked Email address, you can create one in the Fastmail web interface, then add it to your item in 1Password.

To find the Login a Masked Email is linked to, you can search the address in 1Password. So, if you see a message come to example.test1234@fastmail.com you can click the 1Password icon in your browser's tool bar then type in "example" to find the matching item. From that search, you can block incoming emails by clicking the drop down arrow and selecting Block Incoming Emails. You can also search for the address on 1Password.com or any of the 1Password apps.

You can read more about using Fastmail with 1Password in this guide:

ref: IDEA-I-1073

• evolart
    evolart
    Community Member
    Options

Please submit my vote for this feature as well.

I have resorted to using the DuckDuckGo's browser and their masked email forwarding solution to my Fastmail address to make this easier for myself on Android. I don't want to login to the Fastmail site and navigate to the Masked Password function then manually copy/paste vs just having a direct integration like 1Password has on the PC and iOS phones.

• Thanks for your input @evolart! I've gone ahead and shared your comments with the team.

• evolart
    evolart
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_timothy.

• Happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.