Bulk Change User info methodology recommendations.

Hi there 1p folks. I have ~170 users that I need to change their email accounts in our 1P Vault. I have been looking through the forums and seen a couple of posts, but I would like a recommended method for bulk changing the user info please?

Is it as simple as exporting modifying and re-importing via the desktop app?
Should I be modifying csv or 1pux?
Are there any potential risks and if so can i backup the vault prior to change?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

-Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @PaulyG01, welcome to the 1Password Support Community.

Just to make sure I understand your question and provide you with the best recommendation, can you let me know if you're wanting your users to change their email addresses associated with their 1Password accounts, or if you're instead wanting to mass edit Login or Email Account items saved within a vault?

• PaulyG01
    PaulyG01
    Community Member

Hey there Max, I am looking to change their User email address obtained with the following query.
    op user list
    which im assuming is their login email address? :)
    Many thanks
    -Paul

ID NAME EMAIL STATE TYPE

• Perfect, thanks for clarifying. That's correct that the op user list command contains the list of users on your account and includes their associated email address.

Currently only team members and guests can change their own email addresses in 1Password, it cannot be done on their behalf by an admin (as their email address is one of their sign-in details). Before doing so, an owner or administrator will need to make sure any different email domains your users may be switching to are added to the Allowed Domains list.

Change your profile information and language on 1Password.com

There is something close to an exception if your 1Password account set up with the 1Password SCIM Bridge provisioning; administrators can start the process to change someone’s email address in their identity management system (e.g., Azure AD, etc.), which will prompt 1Password to send the user an email asking them to accept the change. Accepting this change will then change their user's email address. This automates the “Change Email” process they’d go through their own profile page to do normally. When provisioning is enabled, it's also important to update the account's Allowed Domains if your users will be switching to a different one.

• PaulyG01
    PaulyG01
    Community Member

Thats great! thanks for the help and direction there Max.
    I will pass this info on to our sysops team.

-Paul

• You're very welcome, Paul. Let our team know if we can be of any help going forward. 👋

This discussion has been closed.