iOS version always requires me to login when using the Safari browser extension

dtoub
dtoub
Community Member

I've set my Safari extension to keep me logged in for two weeks. That clearly isn't the case since every time I had to enter a password today, I had to enter my 1PW password. Not even Face ID, but manually. If I click on the 1PW icon in the Address Bar (Safari), it requires a login, despite having logged in a minute ago. And yes, I had set 1PW to always have access to any web site. Any ideas? Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Yes, I’m seeing this also. The 1P iOS app stays logged in, but the Safari extension asks for the master password (almost?) every time. I think this started after the recent TestFlight update.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Thanks for confirming. Hoping this gets fixed soon. Might revert until that happens.

• @dtoub @mirv

This is one we're investigating. Apologies for the trouble.

ref: dev/core/core#17626

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Actually on some sites you need to log in once for the user id and another time for the password. It's easier to go back to to the app and copy and paste.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Can you give us an idea when we might see a fix for this? If it will be a long time I'll go back to the production iOS 8 app version, since it is not convenient to use it like this.

• @mirv

Sorry, I do not have a time frame for a resolution. The team is working on it. If the production app suits you please use it and avoid this. Be sure to periodically change back to the testing build so you don't lose your spot in the beta queue.

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

Hope it’s fixed sooner rather than later…. Got super spoiled with the plugin’s auto-filling of everything rather than having to manually paste in the copied 2fa code, not to mention the auto-saving of new account signs ups and url changes.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

I did revert but oddly the release version would always freeze before the login screen appeared. So I deleted it and reinstalled the release of 1PW and that works.

• dunnijo1
    dunnijo1
    Community Member

Same issue for me. Every single time. 😩

• etchlings
    etchlings
    Community Member

It’s still doing this and it’s absurdly irritating. The point of a PW manager is to simplify things. Having to manually enter the 1pw credential every time we want safari to autofill some random form field is a frustrating burden. It’s for logins and for credit cards and even just addresses.

• doetraar
    doetraar
    Community Member

This has been a frustrating bug for some time here as well. I can work around it by using the “Key” icon, which uses the iOS default for password management. Bypasses the 1P extension, but at least lets me log in to most sites.

• hackedunit
    hackedunit
    Community Member

I’m using the App Store version and still have this issue. This is so frustrating!

• Hello folks,

1Password for iOS/iPadOS 8.9.7 was just released and brings back biometric unlock to 1Password for Safari:

You can now use Face ID and Touch ID to unlock 1Password in Safari after updating to iOS 16.1 or later. #17988

I recommend that you update using the App Store. Once you've updated to the latest version that brings biometric unlock back to 1Password for Safari the unlock "timer" issue will be resolved as well. You can find our guide on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

You'll also need to update to iOS / iPadOS 16.1 or later: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding while the team worked to resolve this issue. 🙂

-Dave

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

I’m really glad to see FaceID back in the Safari extension. I had to restart my iPhone 11 to get it to work

• justin344
    justin344
    Community Member

@Dave_1P @Ben thank you.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Likewise, thanks from me. Only ask would be to add Categories to Home but I’ll take this for now. 🙌

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

Hmm, I’m still not seeing any option for Face ID in the safari extension.

I’m on the latest 1password release and iOS 16.1

Tried a restart, closing the app, disabling reenabling the extension. Nothing.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

Ok so I just saw a post suggesting a delete of the app and reinstall. Now it works.

I must say, this is how the extension should work. 1 tap of the locked icon in a field, prompts Face ID and you’re done.

No more faffing around clicking the puzzle piece icon.

THANK YOU!!

• Hi @chris55 Glad to hear that worked for you! Don't hesitate to reach out if you should need us in future.

Thanks, Catherine 🙂

This discussion has been closed.