Export doesn't export all Vault Contents

mikeormerod
mikeormerod
Community Member

We currently have an account with 7 vaults; when doing an export with 1P 8, not all the vault contents are being exported. The account contains 134 items, but only 88 are being exported. This is using the CSV export option

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@mikeormerod ,

The 1P8 CSV exports only basic details if an item contains any usernames, passwords, OTP secrets.

The CSV export is not a complete export. Use 1PUX if you want a full export.

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

I can't use the 1PUX export as it's incompatible with the target we're looking to import into. The main issue appears to be that the export completely ignores one of the vaults within the account, which does contain items that have the basic info of usernames, passwords, etc.

• nathan187
    nathan187
    Community Member

@MrC ok...so are there any plans to do a full export? You said, use the 1PUX for a full export. But that file appears to be encrypted. So I can't see any of my passwords there.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2022

@nathan187

The 1PUX is the full export. It is a simple ZIP archive that contains the exported data in JSON (readable text) format, a files folder where exported documents and attachments are stored, and a very small text file describing the version of the 1PUX.

Change the suffix to .zip and you can exact the contents. It is unencrypted, so be careful.

• nathan187
    nathan187
    Community Member

ok and thank you for the quick, concise response

• jpbourrely
    jpbourrely
    Community Member

Hello all,
    Xmas period is beneficial for some extensive tests :-)
    Among those ones, following some personal testing - that require confirmation - yes 1pux is the full export of all Vaults... for which you have "write" access rights. I would have expected that export's content will include all "readable" Vaults.

https://support.1password.com/export/ should reflect this explicitly and an upgrade to export all readable Vaults would be welcome

This discussion has been closed.