iPadOS 16.1 Watchtower crash [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited February 2023 in iOS

View 1Password's Approved Answer

I upgraded my iPad to iPadOS 16.1 today. After I did this, I checked Watchtower. The scores and categories appeared as usual, but when I taped to see details, 1Password crashed back to the iPad home screen. After the crash, 1Password would not restart - it crashed immediately when I attempted to bring up again. Resetting the iPad does not resolve this issue. I can only begin to use 1Password again on my iPad if I uninstall the app and download a fresh copy. I do not experience this on my iPhone, which is running iOS 16.1 too.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I've been getting crashes if I launch 1Password and then immediately hit the Search button in the sidebar. If I select other items first, and then come to Search, it usually works.

I also get the Watchtower crash when I click Show Items.

The crashes were happening for me prior to 16.1 also.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I honestly can't say whether the crashes only began for me today. I only discovered them after updating the iPadOS. They may have been happening before, but I didn't discover them because I seldom consult the Watchtower statistics.

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022

Hello @hawkmoth and @MrC,

Thanks both, for reporting this crashing behaviour. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles and would like to investigate further.

Could you please create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#18214

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member

Crashing here too.

• I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing troubles, @more_cowbell.

Could you send a diagnostics report to us at support+forum@1password.com and include the details below?

Then add the Support ID number in reply here once received.

• mscx
    mscx
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Same here…

Support ID: [#UNB-24977-583]

• @mscx

Thank you for the Support ID. One of my colleagues will take a look at the diagnostics report and respond as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 🙂

ref: UNB-24977-583

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

BitBot must be taking it easy today. Took a couple of hours for this to show up.

Support ID: [#IBT-89792-372]

• Thanks, @hawkmoth. It looks like we've got you!

ref: IBT-89792-372

• mrtnhndl
    mrtnhndl
    Community Member

Same here

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member

[#PNK-84524-821]

• Thanks for letting us know, @mrtnhndl. Sorry for the issues. The team is aware and looking into a resolution.

Could you follow suit and send a diagnostics report to us at support+forum@1password.com and include the details below?

Then add the Support ID number in reply here in the Community, once received.

ref: dev/core/core#18214

@more_cowbell - thank you. Someone will be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: PNK-84524-821

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

TWK-89354-861

• Thanks, @MrC!

ref: TWK-89354-861

• mrtnhndl
    mrtnhndl
    Community Member

VAZ-93461-295

• Thanks @mrtnhndl, one of my colleagues will reply via email as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: VAZ-93461-295

• Stanthewizzard
    Stanthewizzard
    Community Member

Same here

• @Stanthewizzard

I'm sorry to hear that you're affected by the same issue. The team is investigating and we hope to release a fix in a future update. I've added your report of the issue to our internal work item so that our developers are aware.

I recommend staying up to date so that you'll get the fix as soon as it is released: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

• abinashkushwaha
    abinashkushwaha
    Community Member

Same problem for me

• sixbillships
    sixbillships
    Community Member

1Password v.8.9.6 has been crashing on M1 iPad Air running iPadOS 16.1. It frequently crashes after tapping on “shared libraries “ in the app.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
    Extension Version: N/A
    OS Version: iPadOS 16.1
    Browser:_ N/A
    Referrer: forum-search:Crashing on iPadOS

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member

Me too.

• peterbayly
    peterbayly
    Community Member

Same for me

• @abinashkushwaha and @peterbayly

I'm sorry that you're also affected by the issue, I've added your reports to the internal work item.

-Dave

• Hello @sixbillships and @tortugonal! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is crashing on your iPads. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS devices:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

@Dave_1P Just a note that this watch tower crash issues were not addressed in 8.9.7 that was released today. Still crashing.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2022

@more_cowbell

That's correct, our developers are still investigating this issue and a fix for this is not included in 8.9.7. We hope to release a fix in a future update. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience that the issue is causing.

-Dave

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member

@Dave_1P You guys need to start providing quicker fixes and releases as well as providing better timing on fixes. This is not acceptable for a subscription paid service. I for one will not stick around much longer if things do not improve.

• Craig1P
    Craig1P
    Community Member

I'm also unable to open 1Password on iPadOS 16.1. I upgraded from 15.7 to 16.1, skipped 16.0. Now unable to open 1Password, prompts for password/touch ID, then closes immediately, so unable to get diagnostics. I have emailed support.

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member

@Craig1P If I keep trying a few times it will finally open…just don’t touch watch tower again.

• Craig1P
    Craig1P
    Community Member

OK, I tried again, and it now opens. However I tried many (more than a 'few') earlier. I think something is running in background after it crashes that stops it running again. Eventually whatever is causing the crash times out and then allows you to use the App again.

This discussion has been closed.