I have a SamsungS10 android and I can't get autofill to work.

wmcmaster
wmcmaster
Community Member

I go into Settings, then Autofill, then Autofill service. There are a number of apps listed with radio buttons to turn them on and off. The button next to None is on. I press the button next to 1password and I am asked to trust this souce, press ok but cannot turn on the button.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android Version 12
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a SamsungS10 android and I can't get autofill to work.

Comments

• Hi @wmcmaster, thanks for joining us on the forum! I'm sorry to hear there's been an issue setting 1Password as the Autofill service.

To start, I'd like to ask you to try the following:
    1. Open your device settings.
    2. Tap General management.
    3. Tap Passwords and autofill
    4. Under Autofill service, tap None (or whichever service is currently listed).
    5. Select 1Password and confirm your choice.
    6. Tap the back arrow in the top left corner.

Under Autofill service on the Passwords and autofill page do you now see 1Password? If not, I'd like to ask you to reach out to us directly via email at support@1password.com so we can help investigate further. Please include a brief description of the issue with your message.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our automated responder, with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. You can post that here so I can help make sure your message gets to the right place. Thanks again

• wmcmaster
    wmcmaster
    Community Member

Thank you. I have followed your instruction and now 1password is shown under autofill. So that has worked.

However, when I go to open an app where I have saved a password in 1password, it does not autofill the pw. I can see the 1password eye on the rh side (black colour) but when I press it, it simply puts a crossed line through it.

I can go to the 1password app and open it and see the password.

Additionally, in 1password, I cannot highlight a saved app to delete it. I had a similar problem on my PC and my computer consultant pointed out that I was looking at it in a browser and not in the proper app. I am concerned that I might have incorrectly instlled the app.

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member

Similar issue with 1PW 8 on an Android 21+

• Hi @wmcmaster, thanks for the update.

I can see the 1password eye on the rh side (black colour) but when I press it, it simply puts a crossed line through it.

I'd like to ask you to send us an email with a screenshot of this behavior so we can help investigate this issue with you. Information about emailing the support team is included at the bottom of my previous post.

If this is happening in 1Password for Android, you may need to allow screenshots:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap your account icon > Settings > Advanced.
    3. Tap Show debugging tools > Allow screenshots.

Thanks in advance!

• @dribnus, thanks for writing in. Could you share any additional details about the behavior you're seeing on your device? Thanks again!

• wmcmaster
    wmcmaster
    Community Member

Thank you. I have sent you 2 screenshots by email from my phone.

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member

I cleared data, cache and re-installed and it works now. It just wouldn't do anything when I clicked on the item to autofill in an app or web browser.

• Thanks @wmcmaster! It looks like my colleague has followed up with you via email. Lets continue the conversation there.

Thanks for the update @dribnus. If this issue pops up again, please let us know!

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

This issue is happening again for me. The autofill shows, but when I click on it, nothing happens unless I click the 1Password icon to the right and click the login from that window. I have a screen record I can send

• wmcmaster
    wmcmaster
    Community Member

I am having the same problem.

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member

Any more thoughts on this issue?

• Hi @wmcmaster, @dribnus, thanks for letting us know these issues have popped up for your both again.

So that we can dive into each issue individually, I'd like to ask you to email the support team. Myself or one of my colleagues will follow up with you there. If you have already emailed us but haven't received a reply, just let me know!

You can reach out to us directly via email at support@1password.com so we can help investigate further. Please include a brief description of the issue with your message.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our automated responder, with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. You can post that here so I can help make sure your message gets to the right place. Thanks again!

• wmcmaster
    wmcmaster
    Community Member

These issues have now been resolved.

• Hi @wmcmaster

Thanks for letting us know these issues have now been resolved for you. 😀

-- Brendan

This discussion has been closed.