finger print logo no longer an option and browser app opens slowly since updating MacBook

Options
My1Passwords
My1Passwords
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

So I updated my MacBook this week. Since then the 1password app in my safari opens slowly. It spins and spins and then opens to a login window. So a couple problems here.
1. Takes way too long to open.
2. Keeps asking me for the master password at odd times and I don't know why. I have it set to only ask if idle for 30 minutes and I did not change that. I'm not going idle. I don't know why it asks me to login sometimes and not others.
3. When it does ask for login, it no longer gives me the option for fingerprint and I have to type the password. This is getting really annoying as I have to to do it a lot during the day.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: MacOS Venture 13.0
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:finger print stopped working after update

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @My1Passwords, it looks like you sent an email to us about this. I've replied to your email and will be glad to work with you from there. Hope to hear from you soon.

• My1Passwords
    My1Passwords
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but you only addressed 1 question. I till need to know about fingerprint no longer being an option and why it logs out so often.

• My1Passwords
    My1Passwords
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind. Looks like it's working and some of the security settings changed overnight.

• @My1Passwords

I'm happy to hear that Touch ID is working okay. If you have any other questions then please reply to the email thread that's open with our support team and we'll be happy to help further. I'm closing this forum thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

-Dave

ref: QTX-39919-911

This discussion has been closed.