Does anyone's Safari Extension ever "stop working" until Safari is force closed / restarted?

WorldIRC
WorldIRC
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

Hi All,

Occasionally, the Safari Extension will basically stop working until I force close Safari and re-open it. I've had this happen on both v7 and v8 of 1Password, and on iOS 15 as well as iOS 16.

Just wanted to see if I'm alone here or if others have noticed this too?

Thanks!

_1Password Version: 8.9.7
_Extension Version:
_OS Version: 16.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member

Yep same thing happening here. Open Safari and log on 1password. Click on extension will not work. I close Safari reopen extension works. Any ideas.

• Hello @WorldIRC! 👋

We've made some improvements to 1Password for Safari this week, are you still seeing this issue when running both version 8.9.7 of 1Password for iOS as well as iOS 16.1?

If you are then are you using any other extensions in Safari? Are you perhaps clearing Safari's browser history / cache before the issue occurs?

-Dave

• @WorldIRC

Thank you for the reply. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @WorldIRC

Thank you for the reply. I've located your email and one of my colleagues will take a look at the diagnostics report and reply back to you as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: MRL-52267-556

• @WorldIRC

Thanks for following up. It looks like you didn't receive the automated BitBot email because you sent the report to support@1password.com (which doesn't have an automatic responder) rather than to support+forum@1password.com (which has an automatic responder). You did send a second email to support+forum@1password.com but that was merged into the first email sent to support@1password.com.

I'm sorry for the delay and I've sent you a reply now. Let's continue the conversation over email and I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

-Dave

ref: MRL-52267-556

• @WorldIRC

I'm sorry to hear that you're still affected. It looks like the internal work item is still open for the issue for our developers to investigate further. Hopefully the issue can be fixed in the future.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#11558

• @WorldIRC

Sorry for missing your comment. A member of our team was able to reproduce the issue randomly when you sent in your email back in November. I've discussed the issue with my colleagues and we'd like to request some more information from your end.

I've sent you an email with details on how to send in the information, you should receive it soon. Let's continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: KTL-74994-465

• @WorldIRC

Thank you, please continue the discussion with my colleague over in the email thread as he'll be in the best position to assist. I don't have access to your diagnostics reports here on the public forums. 🙂

-Dave

• Thank you for sharing, one of my colleagues will jump in and gather more information from the folks on Reddit as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

• Kabaye
    Kabaye
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

Hey, I have bug that can maybe be connected to this.
    1Password Safari extension don’t suggest to fill passwords after safari some time wait in background. Only kill of safari helps. I have recorded this behaviour but i dont know how to attach video here. Can I send the link from some drive service insted?

Edit: [Link removed by 1Password Support -Moderator]
    Edit2: sorry for music, didn’t noticed it…(((((

• @Kabaye

I've removed the link since I can't verify that it's safe for folks to click on. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can request the screen recording using a secure channel and investigate further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.