My spouse can no longer open 1Pwd. We are both on the same Mac, but have separate presences

CraigT45
CraigT45
Community Member

We have a 1Pwd Family Account. Last week our account renewed - since that time my wife has not been able to Open 1Pwd on her side of the partition. We have not had any problems before the renewal.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: UNK
OS Version: 11.7.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:After annual renewal, my family member cannot open the App

Comments

• Hello @CraigT45! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is unable to open 1Password. Can you tell me a little more about the issue? What device is your wife using and is she trying to use the 1Password app or 1Password in the browser? What happens when she tries to open 1Password, does she get an error message?

And can your wife log in to her 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• CraigT45
    CraigT45
    Community Member

Thank you for replying. We have a Family account. We share a Mac with each of us having a separate log-in. We open the 1Pwd App from our applications folder or from our respective Docks to access our separate login lists (though we have elected to share virtually all of them - a saving grace under the current circumstances. Since migrating to Pwd8 last Summer (I think), we have had no issues until just after our annual renewal. It is possible that these events are unrelated, but just after the renewal, my wife (Chris) could no longer open the App, never mind login.
    Instead of opening, the App responds with a “There is a problem….” I’ve made screen shots of the initial dialog box and of the 1st, 2nd, and last page of the ‘report’ that I think tells a knowledgeable person whats going on.
    I can send these two you if that would be helpful. My ‘side’ is unaffected.

• Catherine_F1P
    edited November 2022

Hi @CraigT45 this definitely doesn't sound right. Will you ask your wife to send us an email at support+forum@1password.com, so we can look into this? We may need to take a closer look at the set up.

Thanks, - Catherine 🙂

• CraigT45
    CraigT45
    Community Member

Will do

• Thanks @CraigT45 - I'll look out for the email.

This discussion has been closed.