Two windows users, one computer, two separate sets of passwords

tomseeley
tomseeley
Community Member

My wife and I both use one desktop and up to date windows 10. I am the admin, she is a ltd user. We both log on separately. We both use only Firefox as our browser. We both want our own private sets of passwords. We never share our passwords or our master password with the other.

We want any password mgr we choose (we’re shopping for one now) to run seamlessly and identically for each of us, no matter which of us has logged as ourself.

We do NOT want BOTH of us separately to have to run periodic updates. Since she is NOT the windows admin she can’t do that herself without my help anyway.

Will 1password work the way we want it to?

We are both using RoboForm now and it does not work seamlessly and identically and we’re frustrated! If we choose 1password, could both of us migrate our existing separate RF data sets to new 1password accounts?

Finally, I also use RF often on my iPad. Can I use 1password seamlessly on my iPad as well?

1Password Version: None yet
Extension Version: na
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member

We want any password mgr we choose (we’re shopping for one now) to run seamlessly and identically for each of us, no matter which of us has logged as ourself.

Yes, it works the same for the admin as it does for a user.

We do NOT want BOTH of us separately to have to run periodic updates. Since she is NOT the windows admin she can’t do that herself without my help anyway.

Only 1 person needs to update the app to get it updated for everyone as long as you run the installer as administrator and install it for "all users" when doing the install.

Will 1password work the way we want it to?

Yes

We are both using RoboForm now and it does not work seamlessly and identically and we’re frustrated! If we choose 1password, could both of us migrate our existing separate RF data sets to new 1password accounts?

Yes check here: https://support.1password.com/import-roboform/

Finally, I also use RF often on my iPad. Can I use 1password seamlessly on my iPad as well?

Yes, there are tons of different apps. Check here: https://1password.com/downloads/windows/

• tomseeley
    tomseeley
    Community Member

Thank you. I especially appreciate how you addressed and answered each part of my msg so explicitly. And the answers make it obvious I should give 1password a try.

• tomseeley
    tomseeley
    Community Member

Erin, 2nd Q: would we use a single user for each of us or family account style to do what we want?

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member

Family Account is cheaper than doing 2 individual accounts.

• Hi @tomseeley

It looks like @DudeThatsErin has already given you a very accurate and detailed answer (thank you!) to the questions you asked. If you need any more help with using 1Password or have any other questions, please do post them here and we'll be able to answer them. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.