Desktop client not indexing all login field

Options
jdoug
jdoug
Community Member

Why doesn't the desktop version index all fields for search.

I put IPs in some of my descriptions, BigRouter-192.168.99.99. If I search form 192.168.99.99 with desktop client, it won't find the 192.168.99.99. But if I search using web extension, it does find it.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 22h2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jdoug,

Thanks for your message. I've done some testing and using your example, in a newly saved test item I added BigRouter-192.168.99.99 as a text field. Searching 192.168.99.99 does locate the IP Search Test item:

If you're still not seeing these results, could you include some additional information about what field type(s) you are using to save those IP address descriptions in your items? Looking forward to your reply.

• jdoug
    jdoug
    Community Member
    Options

upgraded to 8.9.8, same issue. see below:

as you can see 172.23.17.1 is not being displayed in the list of 172.23.17.1

• Hello @jdoug,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've chatted with the team and it seems there is a known issue with searches that includes a period. I've added your case to the issue filed with our dev team.

My successful testing was with our latest Nightly version of 1Password 8. If you're up for giving this a try, please follow our guide for using 1Password beta releases and then set “Release channel” to Nightly.

Nightlies are published more often and they are our first step to including new features and fixes. Nightlies include less-tested features, so your results may vary.

If you have any other questions or concerns, just let us know.

ref: dev/core/core#17472

• jdoug
    jdoug
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all your hard work with this. I will hold off on going beta for now.
    I know now I am not going "more crazy"! :)
    Looking forward to the next release that fixes it.

• You're most welcome, @jdoug!

Keep watch for updates in our release notes.

Have a nice weekend!

This discussion has been closed.