Is there a way to limit Quick Access to a single Vault?

At work I use 1Password a lot, with its own 'Work' Vault. It'd be great if I could limit Quick Access to only that specific vault as well (more professional for 1, and keeps my persojnal junk out of the way when looking for Work entries in QA). Is this something planned, or a setting I am missing?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:quick access

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited November 2022

Hi @eviltwintepe

You can set up a Collection containing as few as one vault, and then limit Quick Access to only use that collection. Here's what to do:

1. Set up a collection by following the steps here: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults
    2. Open Quick Access and click the 1Password icon at the right-hand end of the Search box and choose your collection, like this:

(The screenshot is from macOS, but it's the same layout in Windows.)

In my case, I've set up a collection called "Everyday" which contains only the vaults I want to use routinely.

You can also press Ctrl + 2 to Ctrl + 9 to switch between any accounts and collections you have while Quick Access is open. Ctrl + 1 will return you to All Accounts. The icon on the right-hand end will show you the account or collection you're currently using, and it'll stay in use until you choose a different one.

Hopefully that's what you're looking for. Let me know if you need any more help with anything. :)

— Grey

• eviltwintepe
    eviltwintepe
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

THAT is amazing! Thank you so much! YOu don't also happen to know if we can upload a personal/custom icon for a Vault do you?

[edit] And to be clear, yes that is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

• @eviltwintepe

Great!

YOu don't also happen to know if we can upload a personal/custom icon for a Vault do you?

I do! 😄 Sign in to https://start.1password.com/signin/ and click the ⚙️ gear icon on the vault in question, like this:

Then, click "Edit Details", and then the 🔽 down arrow on the current icon.

Choose one from the default set, or click the ⊕ plus icon to upload your own. :)

• eviltwintepe
    eviltwintepe
    Community Member

AMAZING! Thank you again!

• @eviltwintepe – Any time! If you need anything from us, we'll be here. :)

• jms_1p
    jms_1p
    Community Member

You can set up a Collection containing as few as one vault, and then limit Quick Access to only use that collection.

Hi @GreyM1P. Thanks for sharing this tip. I recently installed 1P8 on macOS and had the same question.

I have a suggestion: Since the macOS beta now includes the ability to set a default vault (👏👏👏), I suggest that a collection be automatically created (based on the default vault) and that this collection be set by default in Quick Access. This would be particularly useful for 1Password Families (and I suspect Teams, although I have no experience with that).

IMO, the 1Password8 Quick Access is a great advantage that 1P8 provides. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.