Chrome extension sync issue with 1Password 8.9.5

Options
jaysyder
jaysyder
Community Member

Having a weird issue for a few months now but only just recently worked out the exact issue. So the issue seems to be that I can't find passwords using Browser extension if they have been saved on my computer app. Same if I save on the browser they don't seem to sync to the 1Password app at least not straight away. I have just been trying to reproduce issues and trying fixes like I have removed Chrome extension and installed new and made sure the 1Password App was updated already was. It is weird as some things seem to sync between them overtime and some don't this is especially annoying with things noticed added via app and then other team members couldn't see so I have had to log into the website to add via that as seems didn't sync to 1password site. I know 1Password 7 had a manual sync button but 1Password 8 doesn't seem to have this. This is starting to cause more issues with being productive hence creating this incase there is something I am missing to hopefully resolve this.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:chrome sync

Comments

• Hi @jaysyder,

I'm sorry to hear you are encountering a syncing issue with 1Password.com. Updates for 1Password.com are sent to/from the version 7 and 8 apps on a regular basis and are nearly instantaneous. Locking and unlocking the apps will also force an update sync.

If you currently have items that aren't synced or the next time you see one, could you try restarting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking Enabled and then try using 1Password again and check if the item(s) sync to 1Password.com? I'm wondering if something else in your device or network is causing these delayed updates to 1Password.com and safe mode is a good way to help rule this out.

If this helped, could you let us know if you are using any anti-virus or anti-malware that may be interfering with 1Password? Thanks!

• jaysyder
    jaysyder
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for delayed response of getting it working resetting everything and then it working again then later break again. It seems that if you have 2fa setup with 1password it will prompt at different times(Not every login or computer restart unsure how often). But the 2fa pops-up and has an option to enter the code or dismiss it if it is dismissed say which can be done if you need to use another program it doesn't sync and there is no obvious button or way to trigger the prompt again to enter the 2fa code.

I think idealy having an icon or notification or if that is annoying to add to interface maybe if you manually click to lock 1password then it will ask for 2fa on next unlock, if you weren't able to enter it on initial prompt.

• Hello @jaysyder,

Thanks for the update here regarding 2fa. Once a device is authorized, it shouldn't require the code again until the device is deauthorized and sync should resume as expected. It sounds like the failed or dismissed 2fa prompt is causing the failed syncing as mentioned.

When signed in to 1Password.com this guide to view and manage authorized devices
    notes an option "Require 2FA on Next Sign-in: Your account will remain on the device, but changes you make on other devices won’t appear until you reauthorize using a second factor":

Could try this and sign in to the app again, authorize the device. Does syncing resume as expected? Please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.