"Unable to save item" when trying to add sign-in-with-Google item in Chrome

ionos
ionos
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

When trying to save a "via-Google" login in Chrome, I keep getting an error message "Unable to save item".

Is this a known issue? How can I debug this further?

Screenshot

Thanks,
-i

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.7
OS Version: macOS Ventura
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @ionos,

Could you please try the following steps below to see if they resolve the issue for you?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Thanks 😀

-- Brendan

• ionos
    ionos
    Community Member

Hi @BrendanR1P . Thank you for the tipp, it did the trick!

Cheers,
    -i

• @ionos – On Brendan's behalf, you're very welcome. :)

• ionos
    ionos
    Community Member

I spoke a little bit too soon. This issue is recurring. After having gone through @BrendanR1P 's procedure, I can add a sign-in alright. One the next attempt to add an SSO sign-in, I'm presented with the same problem again.

Having to go through the sign out/in steps every time seems not ideal.

Thanks,
    -i

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ionos, are you still running into this issue? If so, please reproduce the behavior and send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going on: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• ionos
    ionos
    Community Member

Hello, it has not happened recently. I keep an eye out for it ....

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@ionos Sounds good, please do reach out if the issue occurs again!

• Beto247
    Beto247
    Community Member

I have this same problem with Chrome. Unable to Save Item. Then I go through the steps above, and it will work one time. The next time it will fail again. Any suggestions on how to make the Chrome extension work every time? Thanks

• Hey @Beto247,

I'm sorry that you are also running in to this issue. I think it would be useful if we can take a look at some logs to see if the team are able to further assist. Could you please send over the following:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• rsenna
    rsenna
    Community Member

Had this issue for a while, instructions provided above by @BrendanR1P fix it for me. Thanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@rsenna glad to hear things are well now!

This discussion has been closed.