Community Member

Please provide a search widget which can be added to the 1Password Home screen

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16, iOS 16
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hichrisbell

Because you can already get to Search from anywhere in 1Password, either through the tab on the bottom nav bar on iPhone or in the sidebar on iPad, I'm keen to learn what you see as the use case for an extra way to Search from the Home screen. If you can let me know how you'd use this differently from the Search tabs already available, I can then forward that feedback to our Product team for their consideration. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• hichrisbell
    hichrisbell
    Community Member
    Options

Here’s a user story, Grey:

As an iPad OS user, I want to search for an item in my vault from the Home screen, so I can access the credentials or information I need promptly.

Rationale:

Avoids having to expand the side menu, especially when the iPad is in portrait mode and the menu is hidden/collapsed.

Reduces cognitive load and friction requiring search to be located elsewhere in the application, tapped, and the search field to be activated.

Comment:

As a long-time 1Password (Mac) desktop and iOS user, I installed 1Password on iPad this morning and oddly had the most difficult time locating search.

• @hichrisbell

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll forward that all on to the Product team. I'd imagine that even if there was a Search button next to the "show/hide sidebar" button in the top-left corner of the iPad's screen when in portrait, that might help with Search's disoverability. I can't speak for the Product or Design teams though, so I won't pretend to know if, when, or how those changes might be made, but I do know that the Product team regularly review the customer feedback our team pass on to them, so it's the best way of making your thoughts about 1Password known.

If you'd like any help with 1Password at any time, or have any questions, please do let us know and we'll be here.

ref: IDEA-I-1807

This discussion has been closed.