Early access and Alfred / Spotlight / LaunchBar (3rd party search integration)

12346»

Comments

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Since the Alfred integration has been introduced I have noticed that any changes made to website addresses are not being picked up by Alfred.

Is this a known bug?

• @HRD

The integration is through the workflow. I am not sure how the refresh works. The best option may be to contact the Alfred developers. Alfred Help and Support - Contact us

You may need to do a force update.

I found this in the latest version it might be useful. GitHub - alfredapp/1password-workflow: Search and open your 1Password items

!gddiagnostic inspects the current Workflow configuration. It is to be run when asking for help.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy,

Thanks - forcing the update items worked.

• Great to hear this helped, @HRD! Thank you for letting us know. 👍

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @PeterG_1P

The forcing of the Items to update using the workflow terminal command has suddenly stopped working.

Any ideas?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

@HRD

I would reach out to the Alfred team. Something might be broken in their implementation. I see they made a recent change for getting ready for Alfred v5. GitHub - alfredapp/1password-workflow: Search and open 1Password items

Or

Alfred Help and Support - Contact us

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy

The issue was with the fifth Beta of macOS Monterey 12.5. I have rolled back to an earlier version and all is well.

• Thanks for that information. I'll keep my eyes open for anyone else experiencing trouble.

• panozfan
    panozfan
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

@dteare @bradical and other 1P team members:

Thanks for your explanations and updates on improvements. Of course, it's about prioritization.

Like others in this thread, I've had the same "3rd party integration problems" with LaunchBar and I acknowledge that we're using the Beta version (in my case v. 8.9.9.) and as such, we cannot expect that everything is entirely up to date.

I have one question: Since I've followed your advice and disabled indexing 1Password, how do we know when to enable this feature again?

Thanks for an indispensable app and thanks for all your hard work guys. Respect...

• Ptujec
    Ptujec
    Community Member

Hi! I just wanted to let you guys know that I built a LaunchBar action that works with 1Password 8.
    https://github.com/Ptujec/LaunchBar/tree/master/Passwords#launchbar-action-passwords-for-1password-8

Cheers

• @Ptujec

Thank you for sharing your efforts with the community! I’m sure that a lot of folks who are fans of both LaunchBar and 1Password will find what you’ve created useful. As always, I urge everyone to use caution when using unofficial integrations with 1Password as they haven’t been thoroughly reviewed, tested, or audited by our team and are not supported.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.