feature: reorder fields within a section

2»

Comments

• Agar
    Agar
    Community Member

Please add my voice to that feature request as well. Would ease my life if it gets implemented sometime soon.

• Hi @Agar, thanks for your message! I've added you to this request! 👍

ref: IDEA-I-372

• kix
    kix
    Community Member

Please add my +1 vote for this feature. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

• Hello @kix,

We appreciate your kind words and thank you reaching out to us about this feature request for reordering fields. I've also included a +1 for you in this feature request. Have a great day!

• metta
    metta
    Community Member

@vonpadraig & @cbeitel44 - Couldn't agree more.
    @55208wcgk - Think I'll join you. Back to v7 until they make v8 a real app. It's very disappointing, I've advocated 1Password to friends since v3.8, now they'd think I was 'having a lend' of them.

• jmatias
    jmatias
    Community Member

Is there a link to vote for this feature?

• automatom
    automatom
    Community Member

Heya, I misposted some feedback on the beta forum. Whoops! I very much +1 this feature though please!

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/659873#Comment_659873

• Hello folks - thanks for your requests here for the feature to reorder fields within a section.

@jmatias, it's not possible to provide a link to vote as this is handled internally by our product team. However, we're happy to advocate on your behalf and I've cast votes for you and @metta in our open feature request.

@automatom, as commented here, I've previously included a vote for you.

Your feedback is appreciated - have a great day!

• Vimi6412
    Vimi6412
    Community Member

Please register my vote for this. Thanks.

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022

Hello @Vimi6412 - your vote has been registered. Thanks!

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

+1 :-(

• Hello @BLD - thanks for the +1. I cast this vote on your behalf. 👍

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

What's the status here? +1 from me

• Hello @jimger,

This idea has been promoted and is on the roadmap, but cannot provide an ETA. I've added your +1 as requested.

As with all new features and fixes, we play our cards close to the vest and it's best watch for updates like this in our release notes.

Thanks for your continued patience!

• Isurus
    Isurus
    Community Member

+1 From me. The ability to add a URL (ex. microsoft365.com) and moving it to other similar addresses (ex. live.com or azure.microsoft.com) is sorely missed.

• TaylorD1P
    TaylorD1P
    1Password Alumni

HI @Isurus I have added your +1 to the request as well.

Thank you for your patience.

• peterj71
    peterj71
    Community Member

Another user requested this feature in 2021 but the topic was closed without being implemented so I couldn't add my "+1" to the feature request.

To repeat the feature request: in Secure Notes fields are displayed in the order in which they were added. Please add a feature so that individual fields inside Secure Note items can be manually reordered, and/or sorted by field name, data added, etc.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Feature request - reordering fields in secure note

• Hello @peterj71,

Thanks so much for your message! I've merged your request about reordering fields with another ongoing thread. I hope that's ok.

This feature remains on the roadmap and the team is continuing to develop this feature, but now additional news to share at this time, but please keep an eye on our release notes in 2023, for updates like this. Thanks!

• smchargue
    smchargue
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

I HATE that we are still waiting on this basic feature. I mean I just don't have the printable words to describe my frustration with the vendor comments in this thread.

A list of things needs to have to ability to be ordered. Software App 101 stuff here. Sections need to be ordered, fields in sections need to be ordered.

• Hi @smchargue! I can see that one of my colleagues has already passed your feedback along to our product team. Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out about this, and we do apologise for any frustration or inconvenience caused here. As my colleague mentioned above, this feature is on our roadmap and in development, but we have no further news to share just yet.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

In the latest beta build 8.10.0-48 of 1Password for Windows it is now possible to reorder fields and sections! 😉

1Password for Windows Beta - 8.10.0-48
    You can now reorder sections and fields when editing an item.

• Thanks for sharing these details here, @DenalB!

For the latest details for all platforms, please take a look here: 1Password Releases

Cheers!

• MStyle
    MStyle
    Community Member

Can confirm that moving items within a section, and between sections, is now working flawlessly.

Another improvement is that sections now seem to be optional altogether - it's still possible to create them but it's not required and new items can be added without creating a new section.

Excellent work, 1Password team!

• Hi @MStyle,

Thanks for the kind feedback! This has been a long awaited feature that we're all happy to see make it's way to version 8. 👍

This discussion has been closed.