How to override existing roboform so 1p will fill and log in

Options
tomseeley
tomseeley
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Windows

Ive just installed 1p and i'm having a lot of learning curve problems. One is that even when I log completely out of existing roboform 1p won't fill login fields in a password I've imported; it merely lets me choose to activate roboform to log in via roboform. That's obviously the opposite of what I want. And i certainly will never uninstall roboform before I am well and truly certain I can use 1p and I like how it works.

What should I do to make the passwords I've successfully imported from roboform work like "fill and log in" passwords should?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Browser:_ firefix

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    Without uninstalling anything, you can try by disabling Roboform extension in your browser and check if you have enabled 1Password extension in your browser.
    1Password extension for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager/

• tomseeley
    tomseeley
    Community Member
    Options

Disabling the 1P extension in FF did work. Thank you.

• Hello @tomseeley,

Thanks for your message and using 1Password! I'm sorry for the troubles you've encountered.

@Ekalb is correct, thanks for the assist. To use 1Password in a browser to fill credentials, you can disable other password managers or extensions and install 1Password in the browser. Once installed, you can learn more about using our extension here:

Get started with 1Password in your browser

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know!

• tomseeley
    tomseeley
    Community Member
    Options

ag-mike-d

Thx. But as I just posted in a new comment to another msg, I simply cannot make FF or 1P work the way the help msgs say they will. I cannot get past any 1P file that says it's not installed in my browser even when I know for a fact FF says the 1P extension IS installed!

• Hi @tomseeley,

Sorry for the delay in response. I've located the other message you've mentioned and see that my colleague Grey had replied here. When you have a moment, could you take a look and follow up there with the requested customer support ID?

I've also closed this conversation so as not to have multiple threads. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.