TouchID not an option in ipadOS Safari extension

Options
gladkoala
gladkoala
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

Lately, TouchID isn’t an option when I’m unlocking 1Password in the iPadOS Safari extension. I don’t know what’s going on. It used to work, and now it doesn’t. I thought maybe it was a 1Password 7 issue, but the same issue exists with 1Password 8. This has been going on for about a month now.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ipadOS 15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:TouchID not an option in ipadOS Safari extension

Comments

• Hello @gladkoala! 👋

We’ve temporarily disabled Touch ID and Face ID for the 1Password for Safari extension due to changes in iOS 16. We understand the importance of biometrics, with the security and convenience it offers. iOS 16.1 is bringing some changes that we believe will enable us to bring back biometric unlock to 1Password for Safari and we're actively working to take advantage of those changes and hope to resolve the issue with a future update.

-Dave

• gladkoala
    gladkoala
    Community Member
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

• @gladkoala

That you for your patience. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon. 🙂

-Dave

• @gladkoala

I have some good news to share. 1Password for iOS/iPadOS 8.9.7 was just released and brings back biometric unlock to 1Password for Safari:

• You can now use Face ID and Touch ID to unlock 1Password in Safari after updating to iOS 16.1 or later. #17988

I recommend that you update using the App Store. You can find our guide on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

You'll also need to update to iOS / iPadOS 16.1 or later: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• gladkoala
    gladkoala
    Community Member
    Options

That was fast. I will get it going. Thank you!

• @gladkoala

Let us know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.