Password export process will not export password that start with the + character

gcsturtevant
gcsturtevant
Community Member

Password export process will not export password that start with the + character. The export toll shows #NAME? instead of the actual password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password export process will not export password that start with the + character

Comments

• Hello @gcsturtevant,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the troubles you have encountered when exporting a password starting with a +.

It sounds like you are referring to a CSV export in Excel. I've done some testing and see the same results when viewing an exported file. If this is the case, the password is displayed in the formula bar as depicted below and the issue is related to how Excel is viewing the data in the field following the = in this example:

When viewing an exported 1Password CSV file elsewhere, Google Sheets for example, I see the password displayed as expected:

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. We'll be here for you!

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

Hello,
    With "my" Excel, I see the sign + (Excel 2016, French version).
    I don't have a "=" sign before the password. Unlike you, "my" Excel therefore does not consider it to be a formula.
    Do you still have the problem if while converting the data you change the Password column to text format?

This discussion has been closed.