1Password for Safari missing

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: extension for safari 16.1 breaks.

Comments

• ErlicTheMad
    ErlicTheMad
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing the same issue on my computer. The 1Passord icon is missing and the plugin does not show up in my list of plugins. Under earlier versions.

• Hello @ErlicTheMad! 👋

I've split your comment into its own thread. If you've installed 1Password for Safari but don't see the extension then please try these steps:

1. Make sure you are running the latest version of 1Password 8 for Mac.
    2. Open 1Password 8 for Mac.
    3. Click the Help menu and choose Troubleshooting, followed by Fix Missing Safari Extension.
      • This will rebuild the launch services database and allow you to enable 1Password under Safari > Preferences > Extensions.

Let me know if that doesn't help. 🙂

-Dave

• MarkMalec
    MarkMalec
    Community Member
    Options

What if I dont see the 1Password icon in the Safari Browser box on my IPhone?

• ErlicTheMad
    ErlicTheMad
    Community Member
    Options

I was running 8.9.4, After applying the fix safari under troubleshooting the issue seems to have cleared up.

• @MarkMalec

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. Make sure that 1Password for Safari is enabled on your iPhone:

If that still doesn't work then are you unable to see 1Password for Safari when filling logins or when tapping on the AA button in the address bar?

@ErlicTheMad

I'm happy to hear that the issue is resolved on your Mac. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.