I reset my secret key, but it looks like I still have access on all my other devices.

stephenfrench9
stephenfrench9
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I get prompted to enter the new secret key, but I click ignore, and then I can use 1password on the device.

What is going on here? Will I eventually lose access or something like that?

The secret key in my browser is updated and looks correct, and I can log out and log in using only my master password. Is it safe to assume my browser (browser-device) will remain authorized, in that I won't need the secret key in the future to get into it? (What if I clear history in my browser?)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Chrome Version 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Referrer: forum-search:reset secret key

Comments

• Hello @stephenfrench9! 👋

I'm sorry for the delayed response. When you regenerate your Secret Key, 1Password will ask for your new Secret Key and your account password on each device you’re signed in to. If you don't enter the new Secret Key into a device then that device won't be able to connect to your 1Password.com account until you do. This means that new changes made on other devices won't appear on that device and any changes made on that device won't be backed up to your 1Password account and appear on your other devices.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.