Once family members / guests accept do they need to setup their own sign-in password?

gwstolte
gwstolte
Community Member

My wife accepted her family invite and was asked to enter a password to access 1Password. Do family members and guests need to create their own passwords or do they use the one I created?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Once family members / guests accept do they need to setup their own sign-in password?

Comments

• Hello @gwstolte! 👋

If you're using 1Password Families, every member of your family will have their own account password and Secret Key. It's important that you not share your account password with anyone since it's the secret that unlocks the items in your 1Password account.

You can learn more about 1Password Families here: About 1Password Families

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

• gwstolte
    gwstolte
    Community Member

Ok - thx much for confirming that, Dave.

Greg

• @gwstolte

It's my pleasure. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any other questions. 😊

-Dave

• gwstolte
    gwstolte
    Community Member

Hey Dave - don’t know if you can help w/ this, but my wife was able to sign into the first stage of 1Password access by using her Apple MacBook Pro password tied to her email address. (By the way, this all took place after downloading the 1Password app for Mac.). The next page says: “Choose an account to add to 1Password” and the only selection is the “Our Family” acct. When you click on it a msg then appears asking: “Do you want to allow this page to open “1Password”? When you click “Allow” it goes to a “Sign In” page for our acct and asks you to enter your password. This is where we have a disconnect because she never created her own acct password. I don’t see an opportunity to rectify this so do we just need to delete/suspend her acct and start over? Or is there still a way for her to set up a unique password? Sorry to bother you w/ this, but if you could give some guidance here that would be great.

Thx,
    Greg

• @gwstolte

From what you describe, it's probably best if we help you individually with this by email. Could you send us an email to support+forum@1password.com? You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot containing a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that number here and I'll make sure your message goes to the right team to help you. :)

— Grey

• gwstolte
    gwstolte
    Community Member

Ok, thx Grey - I’ll try that.

Greg

• gwstolte
    gwstolte
    Community Member

Grey - here’s the # you asked for: ERT-64818-599.

(FYI - I had previously sent an email to the support group w/ the details outlined in my forum msg, but the reply I received indicated the person doesn’t understand the issue.)

Thx,
    Greg

• @gwstolte

Thanks! We've got it, and it looks like you've been in conversation with us by email, so I'll let the team carry on with you there. :)

This discussion has been closed.