differ ent vaults between family members

rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

version 8.9.8 (Mac) and 8.9.7 (iOS). I am the Administrator of the account.

Why do I have a "personal" but no "private" vault on my devices, and my wife on my family plan has a "Private" vault, but no "Personal"?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @rlgleason51

They are different naming conventions. I'd hazard a guess that one of you started as an individual account and later updated to a family. They have the same functionality. So no need to worry. In ancient history, it would have been possible to rename them to match, but that loophole (a bug that allowed the change) has been closed and no longer works on modern versions of macOS, even if you downloaded that older version that contained the bug.

For example, my sons see Private, whereas I see Personal as you do. My account type originally started as an individual and changed to a family. It's why in some of my replies, I try to address it by saying Personal/Private vault. I apologize for the confusion.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Thanks. Exactly what happened. Started as individual with me then added my wife as family.

• Hi @rlgleason51 - glad to hear that @ag_tommy helped answer your query. Give us a shout if you should need any help in the future. - Catherine 🙂

This discussion has been closed.