2FA

eaolivas
eaolivas
Community Member

I see 1password accepts 2FA for websites that support it. How do you put the 2FA for a website into 1pass? How does 1pass give you the 6 digit code from the authenticor app when necessary? If auto fill is not working, how would I get the 2FA from 1pass on websites that require it?

Comments

• Hi @eaolivas

We have a support article available on the following link which covers this process in full detail: https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords

A quick summary of how this works:

• The website or app you wish to set up 2FA for usually provides you with a QR Code to scan or a token code
    • You would then add a one-time password field to the login item in your 1Password account and scan the QR code or copy the contents of the token code provided by the website or app
    • Once the QR code is scanned or the token code is copied into the one-time password field within the login item in your 1Password for Android app and the changes are saved, the 6 digit one-time passwords will then be generated in this field.
    • Once you've enabled the Copy One Time Passwords option in the 1Password 8 for Android app settings (as outlined on the link above), each time you fill the login items of the website or app using 1Password, the 6 digit one time password will be copied to your clipboard, ready for you to paste into the relevant field when prompted by the website or app.

I hope this helps. 😀

-- Brendan

• eaolivas
    eaolivas
    Community Member

Thanks! Just what I needed.

• On behalf of Brendan, you are very welcome!

This discussion has been closed.