Serious bug - tap on password options flash by too fast to use them

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Android

I always keep my passwords hidden, meaning I turn off "Always show passwords and full credit card numbers". But today (12 Nov 22) for the first time ever when I tap on the ....... hidden password to get to "Copy, Reveal, Show in Large Type, etc." options, the options just flash up and disappear, so fast that I cannot engage any of them, so basically it's broken. I am going to have to show passwords until there is a fix. I did reboot my phone, that did not help. Please tell me if there is a log file somewhere I can send to you. I guarantee this was working earlier this week, today is the first day I have every seen this, so an update must have come, either to the app or the OS.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @Peter_Wang

I wasn't able to reproduce this using 1Password 8.9.3 for Android. If you haven't already, could you try removing 1Password from your phone and reinstalling it?

⚠️ The steps shown below will delete 1Password's local database, including accounts, Logins, passwords, and other data. Please make sure that you can sign in to https://start.1password.com/signin/ and find all the items you would expect before proceeding.

You can find out how to how to do this in this article: How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device.

Let me know how that goes. I'll be here if you need any more help. :)

— Grey

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I tried clearing storage and cache, and that fixed it. I did not have to uninstall and reinstall the app, though I did have to scan my setup code, and enter password and MFA again of course. It must have been a corrupted file, or maybe if an update got pushed, the old database didn't work with the new app.

• Hi @Peter_Wang, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear the reset did the trick!

We haven't published a 1Password for Android update in the last few weeks but perhaps, as you mentioned, it was a change or update elsewhere on your device. If this issue pops up again, do let us know!

This discussion has been closed.