Worst Forum Design Ever

Options
metta
metta
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Lounge

New to this forum so maybe I'm stupid or just old.

When I log into a forum, I don't expect to find myself on my account page with absolutely no obvious link to the forum itself.
Ohh, you mean I have to run the mouse around to discover the 1Password Support Community banner is actually the link to the forum itself.
Really!
jesus h christ I've been using forums since the 90's, and when I log in to a forum I expect it will take me to the lobby, 'cause that's what I'm here for.
If I wanted to got to my account I'd click on my user name and select account or profile or log out.. whatever.
Such a backward design.

And Our Team is Here to help. What is that.. a rogues gallery. Running the cursor over your mugshots should, at the very least, display your usernames, maybe even a little about you, your background or expertise so we could direct our queries to those most likely to be able to assist.

I've been using 1Password since version 3, however, since version 7 and the whole Family thing... it's more like 1Password version -19.
So tragic.
Regards
Metta

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.4
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: OSX 12.5.1
Browser: Firefox 104.0.2 (64-bit)

Comments

• Hello @metta! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! If you bookmark the following link then you'll always be taken to the forum's homepage: https://1password.community/

Once on the homepage you can then choose an appropriate category for your question (for example, Mac if you need help with the 1Password for Mac app) and then click the New Discussion button.

And Our Team is Here to help. What is that.. a rogues gallery. Running the cursor over your mugshots should, at the very least, display your usernames, maybe even a little about you, your background or expertise so we could direct our queries to those most likely to be able to assist.

By posting your question in the appropriate category the correct team members will see your question and respond as soon as possible. There's no need to address a specific team member and not all of us are listed in the gallery. 🙂

-Dave

• rocinante
    rocinante
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with this. There's also no link to the community from 1password.com. The way I get there is to wander aimlessly to the support site and then pretend I am going to submit a question and only then does the page ask if you want to go to the community or contact support. What?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It's available at the bottom of the 1password.com site:

This discussion has been closed.