1Password 8.9.3 Appearance

Options
mramberal
mramberal
Community Member

Who is the guy who created the worst the Android tablet app design? I think he never uses the app. Why do I need to click on the three bars to click the search on the home screen? I don't need many recent items on the home screen. All designers know that the human eye only perceives 9 elements on the screen. Give me just the search string. That's all. Fire your stupid designers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mramberal, thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with 1Password on a tablet and I have shared your thoughts with the team.

I'll start by mentioning there is an issue dismissing the sidebar with the current version of 1Password for Android, version 8.9.3. Due to this, you may see the three taps you mentioned. The intended behavior would be, open the sidebar if closed > tap search. After tapping search, the sidebar should dismiss automatically revealing the search page. This has been corrected in the beta, version 8.9.7-7 and should be in future releases as well.

Additionally for search, while I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, we're also exploring a search option in item lists that will help keep a search bar at your fingertips.

On tablets, the Home screen as well as the sidebar can be customized by adding, removing and reordering sections. To customize, you can tap Customize at the bottom of the Home screen or sidebar. You can tap the check box to add and remove sections. To reorder sections, long press and hold the horizontal lines, then drag to the preferred order. While I don't use a tablet, I personally like to keep my Home screen lean with Pined Fields, Favorites and Recently Used.

Thanks again!

• mramberal
    mramberal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I can't use the home screen with pinned fields, favorites, etc. I have thousands of credentials. I use at least 100 credentials per day. And it's not always the same. Therefore, the search bar should not be in the side menu, but in a prominent place. So, please, just add the search bar in the prominent place. That's it. Blackberry phones had a cool feature - Hub with a search bar. It was really convenience. And great lock screen https://helpblog.blackberry.com/en/2014/02/how-to-use-picture-password-in-blackberry-10-os-version-10-2-1

• mramberal
    mramberal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I can't use the home screen with pinned fields, favorites, etc. I have thousands of credentials. I use at least 100 credentials per day. And it's not always the same. Therefore, the search bar should not be in the side menu, but in a prominent place. So, please, just add the search bar in the prominent place. That's it. Blackberry phones had a cool feature - Hub with a search bar. It was really convenience. And great lock screen https://helpblog.blackberry.com/en/2014/02/how-to-use-picture-password-in-blackberry-10-os-version-10-2-1

• Hi @mramberal, thanks for expanding on your use case here. I can definitely see the benefit with what you've described and have passed along your comments.

This discussion has been closed.