DropBox sync errors -1001, 404

andrewscott
andrewscott
Community Member
I've purchased a set up 1Password 4 for myself and three family members in the last week. Using DropBox sync has been problematic for two out of four of these setups.

On my iPad and iPhone 5 DropBox sync proceeds very slowly and often ends with an alert symbol over the DropBox icon. Usually tapping on this reveals nothing but at other times it reports the error message:

The operation couldn't be completed (NSURLErrorDomain error -1001.)

Sometimes the error message on the iPad is:

Failed to list data folder in Dropbox
The operation couldn't be completed. (dropbox.com error 404.)

Meanwhile iCloud sync proceeds quickly and, apparently, repeatedly. I'm not sure how valuable iCloud sync is in this instance since I assume it's not connected with 1Password 3.9.6 on my Mac which makes no reference to iCloud.

I've tried switching DropBox off and on again (initiating the usual DropBox approval screen each time) on both devices with no useful result. I've also rebuilt the data file on my Mac for good measure.

What should I try next?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Some of your issue maybe related to this Dropbox issue https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=94602&replies=8#post-517958
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, andrewscott! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Please review the steps in the User Guide for exactly that scenario if things don't improve by themselves per thightower's link. We've written a section specifically for the issue(s) you describe:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/Dropbox/stuck-dropbox.html

I hope that helps Please let me know.

Happy holidays! :D
  • cyclistguy
    cyclistguy
    Community Member
    I'm having the exact same issue. Dropbox sync is extremely slow and often results in the following error: [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The operation couldn't be completed (NSURLErrorDomain error -1001.)[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The above solutions don't help. Any ideas?[/font]
  • Hi guys,

The NSURLErrorDomain error usually means a network issue. Please try rebooting your iOS devices to restart the networking system and see if it'll help.

Thanks!
  • Locker
    Locker
    Community Member
    I get different error codes:

1) On iPad (w/o cel), when it is NOT connected to Wifi:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1009.)

Seems that 1PW should catch it before trying to call dropbox service,

2)
    The operation couldn’t be completed. (dropbox.com error 461.)

(When I do have WiFi connection). This is probably the 'real' problem. (and I get an error on iPHone, trying to access the same keychain on dropbox). [I don't have the code in front of me.)

The keychain is very small. In the Sync Logs it shows "Items: 21, Folders: 4.
    In the Landscape mode of the main 'categories' scree: All items: 19

I don't have such problems with another iPhone with over 3,200 entries (beside perhaps taking long time)

BTW: Sync History (all) lists several entries:

23 minutes ago
    55 minutes ago
    20 hours ago
    21 hours ago
    yesterday
    43 years ago	<--- huh?????
    yesterday
    yesterday  <-- this is when I installed 1PW

What happende 43 years ago?? (think)
  • Locker wrote:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1009.)

Seems that 1PW should catch it before trying to call dropbox service

You're right, it would be better if 1Password alerted you to the network problem explicitly. Currently we use the same UX for all error codes, which leaves the user wondering if it is a "real" dropbox issue or a simple network issue.

Locker wrote:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (dropbox.com error 461.)

Interesting. Error code 461 means "Unsupported transport". I haven't seen this error before. Could you go to the Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostic and view the logs? This error and others like it should be listed in the logs. It's probably easiest if you just email the logs so we can see it and reference this thread so we can connect the dots.

Locker wrote:

What happende 43 years ago?? (think)

43 years ago is 1970, which is the unix epoch. We count the number of seconds since this date and somehow the sync history table managed to get an entry with a very small timestamp, likely zero. I'm not sure how that entry got into the logs table, but that's likely what happened. Maybe I'll see something in the logs that can explain this.
This discussion has been closed.