Viewing Images is not working

Options
kironkp
kironkp
Community Member

Hello,

I have an image of my passport linked to my passport section of my 1Password. When I click on the image when I am in my passport item it takes me back to an empty search bar and all my items. Definitely a bug that needs to be fixed as I use the feature of putting images in my items a lot. Thank you

Comments

• Hello @kironkp, sorry for the trouble. This is indeed a bug that the team is currently investigating. As a workaround, you should be able to search for the item itself to view it, although I understand that's not ideal. I've added you to our list of affected users and we appreciate you letting us know. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime!

ref: dev/core/core#17309

• 0x2a
    0x2a
    Community Member
    Options

@mallory.j_1P the workaround may not work if the underlying file is gone... which I think might be the case for many who attempted to use this feature over the years

Back in 2019, which I think was early 1Password7 days, I used the mac desktop app with these steps:

• Create an identity
    • While editing still (before save), drag an image on top of the identity to add it
    • Save
    • Later on, delete the file because I don't want a copy of sensitive documents just sitting there
    • (speculating here, but i don't think the file was actually uploaded to 1pass cloud)

Later on I discovered the bug.. maybe late 2019 sometime

• Search for the identity from any 1pass client,
    • click file
    • file is missing
    • Search for file... nothing found

I'm not entirely sure how the older 1pass worked, but another possible could have been:

• Create a new identity
    • Attach a file the same way as above, save
    • As a user, I believed that the scan was included within the idenity item
    • If i recall correctly older 1pass created two items... one linked document and one identity?
    • If so I could see myself cleaning up my 1pass, and accidentally deleting a document item called "foo.jpeg", which I didn't realize might have severed the link (because as stated above my user self assumed the actual document was embedded in the identity item)

I recall this issue happening a few times, so I grew to distrust the "Related Items... link existing/addnew file" features. The most reliable method for me these days is:

• Use 1password web (so I can be sure the file is out on 1pass servers)
    • Create a new document, attach the file, save
    • Never use the "related items" feature

Anyways, hope this helps

• Juanfelo
    Juanfelo
    Community Member
    Options

A mi me pasa igual que ha kironkp

Tengo varios elementos con otros elementos relacionados y al darle Ver, me lleva al listado completo de todos los elementos en Todas las categorías, pero esto solo me pasa en el iPhone en el Mac funciona bien

Quedo atento

• emde
    emde
    Community Member
    Options

I’m noticing the same issue. Hope this gets resolved soon!

This discussion has been closed.