Chrome Extension doens't open the app to unlock

codeknight
codeknight
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

In Chrome, when 1Password is locked, clicking this icon does not open the 1Password app to unlock the vaults like it does on Windows:

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: 2.4.2
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Chome

Comments

• Hey @codeknight,

Sorry for the trouble, can you describe what does happen when you click on the icon? Can you unlock 1Password from the icon in you browser toolbar?

If not, can you give the below steps a try and let me know if things then work as you'd expect:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Let me know how you get on!

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

Sure,
    When you click on the icon in my screenshot, nothing happens. On Windows, clicking this icon either opens or brings into focus the main 1password app so you can unlock it.
    Yes, you can click on the icon in the toolbar to unlock 1password, it's just the icon inside form fields that's broken.

• psiclopz
    psiclopz
    Community Member

I can confirm similar behavior in Windows. Loading a form page shows the lock icon like codeknight's screenshot. Using the CTRL+\ shortcut pops up the login, upon login you get the list of logins, and then selecting one just goes back to the screenshot (with the lock icon, and no form filling occurs). If I then "click" on the icon, I get the list of logins again, and selecting one this time fills the field, and the lock icon vanishes. It's like the most recent version is having trouble communicating. I have this behavior on two different machines with Windows/Chrome.

• @codeknight

Thank you for providing that info!

What you are describing does not sound like how 1Password should behave. Can you provide me with a console log when the issue occurs so I can investigate further? If you aren't sure how to grab a console log, you can find the steps here: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser. Let me know if you have any trouble or questions and I'll be happy to help.

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

Will do, thank you

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@codeknight just so you know, you can email your console log to support+forum@1password.com. It's likely we'll need to take a closer look at your environment and troubleshoot in-depth. For us, email is the best way to do that.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.