Why, when I search for Microsoft in my vault, does nearly every entry in my vault show up

Options
ClayEdwards
ClayEdwards
Community Member

Searching for Microsoft in my vault seems to not narrow my search at all. Using the windows app, I enter Microsoft in the search bar, and there seems to be no difference between searching and leaving the search blank.

1Password Version: Windows 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ N/A
Referrer: forum-search:Why does searching for Microsoft show nearly every entry in my vault

Comments

• Hello @ClayEdwards,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry for any troubles you've been experiencing when searching for Microsoft. Do you see similar results when completing other searches?

In the example below, this account only includes one test Microsoft Office Software License item. The search results only display this one item in the dropdown beneath the search bar:

If only have one or a few Microsoft related items, but continue to see many more in the dropdown, please let us know. In cases like this a screenshot would be helpful for us to understand what you're seeing. Here is a handy guide on how to take screenshots on different platforms: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org - When sending a screenshot, please be sure to redact any personal or private information such as your Secret Key.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• ClayEdwards
    ClayEdwards
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I think it is just user error, I was expecting only those items that matched the search to be displayed, but it seems all items are displayed, with the first match highlighted. Perhaps it changed recently, or I am used to the browser plugin instead of the main app.

• TaylorD1P
    TaylorD1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ClayEdwards,

You would be correct that the 1Password search has changed with 1Password 8. You can use ctrl + alt + f to use the Find search. This may be what you are more familiar with. Give that a try and see if helps.

I look forward to hearing from you,

• ClayEdwards
    ClayEdwards
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help - that was what I needed - wish I could configure it to be the default behavior of the search bar, since I can't imagine why someone would like the new behavior. Again, thanks.

• Hello again @ClayEdwards,

You're most welcome! I'm happy to hear that Taylor was able to help with the suggest of Find (Ctrl + Alt + F).

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but we appreciate your feedback. I'll pass this along to the team.

This discussion has been closed.