Autofill web form: first name, last name , address, etc.

Options
jujuofthesea
jujuofthesea
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm enjoying 1PW so far for password login to various websites. But have been disappointed at the inability to autofill web forms. To be clear, I have created a 1PW Identity titled "My ID" with my first/last name, address, phone, email, etc. Whenever I open a new account at a new website, I expect "My ID" to be prompted to me - but it doesn't happen. The autofill email address works, but no thanks to "My ID". Can anyone help? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• jujuofthesea
    jujuofthesea
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Chrome with the Chrome Extension on a Win10 computer.

• TaylorD1P
    TaylorD1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jujuofthesea

Thank you for contacting us. When on a website that you are looking for 1Password to autofill your data, can you try clicking on the 1Password Extension Icon in your Browser. You should see the Identity you have created. If you click "Autofill" does this autofill the correct fields?

I look forward to hearing from you,

• jujuofthesea
    jujuofthesea
    Community Member
    Options

OK, that worked and I'm thankful for that functionality.
    However, the implementation feels somewhat circuitous. I will have to dock 1 point for that wobbly landing.
    Thank you for your help.

• TaylorD1P
    TaylorD1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jujuofthesea

That is great to hear! Glad I was able to help.

Please let us know if you have any other questions,

• mattdeclaire
    mattdeclaire
    Community Member
    Options

Testing on this site, when I click on the address field, I get prompted to autofill using my identity. But, when I click on it, only my mailing address is entered (address, city, state, zip, country), even though my identity entry also includes my name and phone number. When I proactively open 1password and click Autofill with my identity the name and phone number do properly fill.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattdeclaire - Thanks for following up here 🙂

The behaviour you're seeing is expected. Filling an address from the autofill menu (drop-down under the field itself) will fill the address field(s), whereas filling from the 'Autofill' button via the extension popup will fill all fields on the page that are matched in your Identity item (like name and phone number).

Let us know if you have any questions - we're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.