Trying to use SSH Agent & Commits.

DudeThatsErin
DudeThatsErin
Community Member

I have 2 SSH Keys in my 1P install and I have created 3 GPG keys at this point. For some reason I keep getting an error that git failed.

```Git failed with a fatal error.
Git failed with a fatal error.
error: Error: AppError { error: could not authenticate with ssh agent, location: Location { file: "ssh\op-ssh-sign\src\ops.rs", line: 95, col: 37 } }

fatal: failed to write commit object
```

When trying to use SSH_AUTH_SOCK=~/.1password/agent.sock git commit -m"test"
I get...
Make sure the SSH key is stored in your Private/Personal vault.

fatal: failed to write commit object

Which I do have it there. I have 2.

I have no idea why this keeps happening. I read through this post: https://1password.community/discussion/134028/ssh-agent-error-error-error-apperror-error-could-not-authenticate-with-ssh-agent#latest
Since it is similar but it is on MacOS instead of windows.

git config user.signingkey returns my key. ssh-add -L just returns Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member

So is this not something that is going to be fixed?

• Hi @DudeThatsErin:

Are you still running into trouble with this? We'd likely need to take a closer look at this, so continuing the conversation over email would be best.

Jack

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member

Yes, I have emailed.

For some reason every time I email support@1password.com it goes to 1P business support and I don't get a case number. Not sure what is going on.

• Hi @DudeThatsErin:

Our Developer Tools features (1Password SSH Agent, 1Password CLI, 1Password SCIM Bridge, etc) are handled by our Business Support team, even if you yourself don't have a business account.

Jack

• linuxandlego
    linuxandlego
    Community Member

Is there any update on this?

• Hey @linuxandlego thanks for reaching out. Are you experiencing the exact same issue, or just getting the same error message? These errors can be a little ambiguous, so I'd encourage you to open a new thread with the steps you took and any relevant details and we can help you there!

This discussion has been closed.