Latest Browser Extension won't work on Mac

Options
XErAsEr
XErAsEr
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Latest Browser Extension won't work on MacOS. I intend to completely uninstall 1password. Maybe you can help me!? I use Safari Version 15.6.1 (17613.3.9.1.16) on macOS Monterey.

The plugin doesn't suggest passwords from known sites like before. it also cannot be opened from the browser. Is it a general problem that is already known and needs to be corrected?

Thx for your reply
XErAsEr

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @XErAsEr,

Sorry to hear the 1Password browser extension isn't behaving as expected, can you tell me if you see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar? If not, I recommend this guide: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar

If you do see the icon in your toolbar, I'd recommend checking that your autofill settings are turned on. You can do this by right clicking the icon in your Safari's toolbar > Settings > Autofill and turning on all that apply to you:

Let me know how this goes or if you have any questions. 🙂

• XErAsEr
    XErAsEr
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Andrew,

I can see the icon in my browser bar. I was surprised that's your version has another set list, as the German one. I cannot find these option.

Browser Extension is installed

It ist really strange. I never had problems before.

• Hey @XErAsEr,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you try the below steps to see if we can re establish a connection:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on.

• XErAsEr
    XErAsEr
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanx Steph, this possible solution I have tried before, but it works not long enough. I cannot say, what is causing the problem. I always have to close and restart both programs, then it works fine for a while. I am not happy about that.

Or is it possible that 1password plugin do not know the login page? Sometimes the icon in the browser bar do not load...is that's the possible reason? It seems to be not working properly.

• Thank you for getting back to me @XErAsEr,

I'm sorry for the ongoing disruption, I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.