19,1 iMac refuses to use the new 1P password

Options
blackxacto
blackxacto
Community Member

I opened 1P on my Ventura iMac. Edited/changed the password for 1P to a new password I liked. My iPhone and iPad Pro both use the new password.

But the iMac Ventura refuses to use the new 1P password. It uses the previous password.

I searched and trashed anything w 1P in the file name, restarted the iMac, reinstalled 1P from your website. Reinstalled the Safari extension.

But the iMac will not accept the new password. Only the previous 1P password. WHY?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: ventura 13.01
Browser:_ safari

Comments

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, is anybody home?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

figured it out

• @blackxacto

Nice to see you around here. It's been a minute. Maybe it's because I've been behind the scenes and you've been here all along. Haha. I am happy to hear you resolved your trouble. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    Options

It would be useful to know how you resolved the problem.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Don’t ever change your 1P master password on a local device, Mac, iPad, iPhone. Forget them.

Open your web browser. Sign into your 1P account on the web. Change your master password HERE ONLY.

Took me several hours without support to figure this.

• @blackxacto

Thank you for sharing what resolved the issue in your case. I'm sorry for the frustration.

While we aim to reach everyone on the forums, if you do need urgent support in the future then I recommend sending an email to the support team: support@1Password.com

@boberonicus

Are you running into the issue as well? If you're using 1Password 8 then you can change your password using 1Password.com: How to change your 1Password account password

-Dave

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

No, I have a different problem. But thanks for the inquiry. The quality of 1P support is peerless.

• @boberonicus

Thank you for the kind words. Let's continue discussing the other issue in the other thread. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.