Asking for master password every 2 weeks on every machine is too much. How do I turn it off?

Options
amyatt
amyatt
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Mac

I have 4 PC's (with 2-3 browsers on each), an iMac, a MacBook, two iPads and an iPhone. Each one constantly prompts me to log in with the Master password since I upgraded to v8.

How do I turn off the prompt or change it so I don't have to log in almost on a daily basis?

I have Biometric login enabled on all devices so being forced to re-enter my Master Password so often is an absolute pain in the proverbial.

It makes me want to cancel my subscription and move to a different product!

I appreciate it is done for security but it should be a choice for the user as it is with every other product I use.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: Windows 10/11, MacOS Ventura, IOS 16
Browser:_ Edge, Chrome, Safari

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @amyatt

1Password > Settings > Security > Require password would be the setting you are looking for. 😃 I hope that helps!

Ben

• amyatt
    amyatt
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, thanks. I looked a while ago and was under the impression it was fixed at 2 weeks but now there is a 30 day option which should help!.

Appreciate the quick response.

• amyatt
    amyatt
    Community Member
    Options

Definitely should have checked again, both the iOS and Mac versions also now have a "Never" option.

• @amyatt

We hear from folks who have forgotten their password all too often. Please take proper safeguards to ensure you have recorded the password someplace safe to prevent data loss. I'll be the first to admit I have needed to pull out my Emergency Kit to refresh my memory on occasion.

• amyatt
    amyatt
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the ramifications. The password is a fairly long phrase that I am unlikely to forget but it is also stored in a secure location for when I reach "that" age!

Thanks.

• @amyatt

I'm happy that Tommy and Ben were able to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.