How to transfer two-factor authentication from Microsoft authenticator to 1Password

Demianeen
Demianeen
Community Member

I have used Microsoft authenticator for OTP all my life. But now I decided to move all my security matters to 1Password, and therefore, I want to transfer all my 2FA accounts to 1Password. Can I do this? And if I can, so how?

Comments

• Hey there @Demianeen

As far as I can see, there's no support for exporting from Microsoft Authenticator, although I don't (of course) speak for Microsoft. Exporting would allow you to see the actual secrets that are used to generate your one-time passwords for your 2FA accounts. Those secrets could then be used in 1Password to generate your one-time passwords.

If you're able to export your data from Microsoft Authenticator, let me know and I'll be able to direct you on how to import those secrets into 1Password.

If, however, exporting isn't possible, then you'll need to set up 2FA again on each of your 2FA-enabled websites, using 1Password instead: ☞ Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

— Grey

• Demianeen
    Demianeen
    Community Member

Hello @GreyM1P I will need to set 2FA again on every website. Okay, thanks)

• @Demianeen

I'm happy that Grey was able to answer your question. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.