Universal Autofill doesn't fill into the Ivanti app on the Mac

1PW4all
1PW4all
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Mac

Our company updated our vpn from Pulse to Ivanti Secure Access client. Technically, I think it's a re-branding. The app look slightly different, but functions identically.

Autofill with Command-Backslash () worked GREAT with Pulse / 1Password8, but I can't get it to work at all with Ivanti. I have set up universal autofill (https://support.1password.com/mac-universal-autofill/) and it lists Ivanti as a linked app (I removed Pulse as a troubleshooting step too). It just won't bring up / autofill the password and 1 time password in Ivanti.

It wasn't working in MacOS 12.x (latest) and I just updated to Ventura 13.0 to make sure that didn't fix it.

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Ventura 13.0
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @1PW4all! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to fill your login information into the Ivanti Secure Access client. We'd love to see if we can improve the situation here, can you try to use Universal Autofill to fill your login one more time and make sure that the filling fails like it before. Note the exact time when you tried to fill your login.

Then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• 1PW4all
    1PW4all
    Community Member

KKT-87283-468

• DeanSu
    DeanSu
    Community Member

+1 for same issue

• @1PW4all,

Thanks for sharing your support ID here, I see Tommy's already done some troubleshooting with you so any additional conversation can continue in that email thread. 🙂

@DeanSu,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this as well. I'll add you to our existing bug report but if you're open to additional troubleshooting we'd welcome more data on this issue. You can send a diagnostic report via the same instructions posted above.

Let me know if either of you have any questions!

ref: KKT-87283-468
    ref: dev/core/core#18586

• DeanSu
    DeanSu
    Community Member

Hi @andrew.l_1P, May I ask the progression on this bug?
    Sorry for bring up the old thread, but it is almost a year and I still having this issue. Since Ivanti is an essential app for my current job, autofill feature would help saving my time by avoiding manually copying and pasting password.

• @DeanSu

I've taken a look and I see that this is still on our developer's backlog of issues to look into but I don't have any updates to share at the moment. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I've let our developers know that you followed up so that they're aware that you're still affected by the issue.

-Dave

• 1PW4all
    1PW4all
    Community Member

@Dave_1P . every day for me as well.

• @1PW4all

I'm sorry that you're still affected. Hopefully this issue can be fixed with a future update.

-Dave

• thebluepotato
    thebluepotato
    Community Member
    edited October 2023

Unsure whether this could help, but I have been (and still am) facing the exact same issues. I've noticed that the issue might be related to the type of "window" the login popup uses. Indeed, the window does not even have context menus or anything, meaning that you can't fill out with Keychain Passwords either. I'd wager this is why 1Password cannot fill them out, as it doesn't even seem to "detect" the window. In particular, 1Password seems to detect whatever browser tab or app is currently open in the background, as if that popup did not exist. I hope this is still something within 1Password's power to fix...

EDIT: as a workaround, I've noticed that if you use the autofill shortcut and click yes on the prompt telling you it hasn't filled out in that app/website before, the password selection list won't show up. I suggest not choosing "fill out automatically" but manually copy/pasting the username, password and OTP

• @thebluepotato

Thank you for adding your experience and suggestions, I've passed along your comment to our development team. The issue is still open in our developer's backlog.

-Dave

• 1PW4all
    1PW4all
    Community Member

Any progress? Maybe in the [new] new year?

• @1PW4all

Apologies there has not been movement here. As Dave mentioned it is within the developer's backlog. I don't have a time frame to offer.

• joaocarlos
    joaocarlos
    Community Member

I'd love to get this working. Every single morning, and sometimes during the day, I have to login. The app is super annoying because it doesnt save the email either.

• @joaocarlos

Thank you for the report, I've passed it along to our developers. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• AuroraLawliet
    AuroraLawliet
    Community Member

Hi guys, is there any progress that can be shared on this issue now?
    It resurfaces every time I use the app, so it would be greatly appreciated if it could be resolved.
    Thank you! 🙏

• @AuroraLawliet

I'm sorry that the issue is affecting your workflow with the app. I don't have any news to share, this is still on our developer's list of issues to look into. I've let them know that you're eager to see a fix as well.

For the time being, you can copy and paste your username and password using Quick Access: Get to know Quick Access

-Dave

• jasongabler
    jasongabler
    Community Member

Just forced to upgrade to Ivanti and now I have the same 1Password problem as everyone else on this thread. Adding my vote. Please fix this.

• @jasongabler

I'm sorry that you're affected, I've shared your report with the team as well.

-Dave

• sebaran
    sebaran
    Community Member

Hi all,
    Another user forced to update to Ivanti Secure and having the same issue. Seems this is a long standing issue already. Please fix.
    S

• @sebaran

I've let the team know that you're also affected, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave