Feature Request: Sections and fields order editable

Perolinch
Perolinch
Community Member

I have been a regular user of 1Password for many years. Many of the improvement make the application better and better. Therefore I maintain more and more information in 1Password.
Therefore it is more and more disturbing that any newly added fields are always at the end of a section. Neither the order of the fields nor the sections can be changed. Not with iOS, macOS or Windows app.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Win11, iOS16
Browser:_ Chrome, Edge, Safari

Comments

• Hi @Perolinch,

Welcome. Thank you for using 1Password.

Neither the order of the fields nor the sections can be changed

This is something we're going to do. I can't say exactly when, but it is on the to-do list.

Ben

• Perolinch
    Perolinch
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

:-)
    Hopefully your to-do list is not as long as ours.

Can I find this to-do list somewhere? Is this public? So with voting possibility.

Marcel

• Our to-do list is not public, I'm afraid. 😊 We tend to hold future plans pretty close to the chest until they're ready to ship to customers. It is a bit of a rarity that I'm even allowed to say something like πŸ‘†οΈ

Ben

• LShark
    LShark
    Community Member

I'm with Perolinch on this one. I, also, would like to keep a lot of info about router configuration, and other stuff like that in 1Password, but I don't, because the inability to put it in a logical order significantly reduces its usefulness. It is irritating enough to me that I am considering moving to a different product.

• @LShark

Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully we'll have good news to share soon. 🀞

-Dave

• amplifyyy
    amplifyyy
    Community Member

Desperate for this feature to be released and feels like I have been waiting for around a year now. I'm a long-time user and previously could just drag items in the list to reorder them. If I recall correctly this feature was dropped with an update around a year ago. It is the single thing I don't like about the product now - everything else is ace. As I continue to add things to 1Password though, the lack of ability to reorder items is becoming a more and more frustrating issue and will soon prompt me to explore other products. Please fast track this as a priority, please!

• smchargue
    smchargue
    Community Member

Lacking the ability to edit the order of items is the most glaring deficiency in the product. Honestly, I can't understand how the most basic principle of a UI can be left out for so long. Just get it done and stop wringing your hands about it. And if someone internally is pushing back on this feature, invite them to find another industry. Sometimes software actually has to perform tasks and not just look cool.

• @amplifyyy and @smchargue

Thank you for the feedback, I've let the product team know that you're eager to see this feature come to 1Password 8. πŸ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.