Chrome extension doesn't lock when exiting Chrome?

Options
jujuofthesea
jujuofthesea
Community Member

My Chrome extension used to lock when I exit Chrome, it doesn't do that anymore and stays open which I feel is not safe. Why is it behaving this way now? Also, where is the Settings/Auto-Lock for the Chrome extension? It used to be there and now it's gone. I'm using 1PW on my desktop Win10 machine. Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @jujuofthesea,

As you've mentioned in Settings for 1Password for your Chrome browser that there are no auto lock settings appearing anymore, this would indicate that 1Password for your browser is integrated with the 1Password for Windows app meaning that it will follow the auto lock options set in the 1Password for Windows app.

The following link provides information on the auto lock settings in the 1Password for Windows app - https://support.1password.com/auto-lock/#manage-auto-lock-in-the-1password-apps

If you'd prefer to manage the auto lock setting via the 1Password for your browser settings again, you can disable the Integration with the Windows app by following the steps below:

1. Open your web browser and right click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar
    2. Click Settings
    3. Toggle the Integrate with 1Password app to Off

The auto-lock settings should then appear in the 1Password for your browser settings again.

I hope this helps.

-- Brendan

• jujuofthesea
    jujuofthesea
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the reply. I uninstalled the 1PW app on my Win10 because it's redundant and causes more headache unnecessarily. I discovered that the Chrome extension and 1PW web page is how I prefer to work, not the app. It's all good now.

• Hello @jujuofthesea,

I'm happy to hear all is good now and understand you prefer to use the 1Password in the browser and 1Password.com.

We're looking to bring more feature parity between the 1Password apps and 1Password.com. If you have an additional feedback to share about your experience with the app or any features you've been missing, we'd be happy to get those details over to the Product team.

Thanks and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.