Linux desktop app not syncing

davidmartos96
davidmartos96
Community Member

Hello, I've recently noticed that the desktop app is not syncing the changes/new passwords.

If I run the app from the terminal I can see the following error:

ERROR 2021-12-29T14:15:16.737 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(11)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/sync.rs:81] Failed to sync account BF7OZ6IJGVDWNEGTDKXRLST2HM. Error: SyncFailed(HttpError(IoError(IoError(error sending request))))
ERROR 2021-12-29T14:15:16.737 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(11)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/sync.rs:95] Failed to sync account BF7OZ6IJGVDWNEGTDKXRLST2HM. Retry on reconnect.

Any help is appreciated. This was working fine before.

1Password Version: 80500057, on BETA channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Opensuse Tumbleweed

Comments

• hi, @davidmartos96 .

I see that you posted here last month, potentially during the time that we were all on vacation. Are you still seeing this problem?

• davidmartos96
    davidmartos96
    Community Member

@Savanni Yes, I'm still having the issue.

• Have you changed your account password or email address recently?

• davidmartos96
    davidmartos96
    Community Member

@Savanni No, I did not. I noticed this behavior just the other day on the desktop app.

• Okay. Please write in to our support line and include a diagnostic report. They may already have an answer for you, but if not I can look at this and even bring in another engineer more familiar with the syncing code.

• davidmartos96
    davidmartos96
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

@Savanni Ok, thank you. I'll email support.

• Hello @davidmartos96 , just wanted to confirm on our part that we have received your message and will be continue to follow up with you by email. Thank you for contacting us!

• davidmartos96
    davidmartos96
    Community Member

If any one else encounters with this issue, I was able to solve it installing the version from the stable branch 8.4.x

• Thanks for sharing that update here @davidmartos96. :)

Ben

• nprokopic
    nprokopic
    Community Member

I had same syncing issue on Linux. Installing v8.6.0, build 80600068, from beta channel fixed it for me.

I assume this from the changelog fixed it:

1Password now has a fallback method to verify certificates when a root certificate authority can’t be found.

• Thank you for the heads-up on this @nprokopic - we appreciate it!

• maxvram
    maxvram
    Community Member

I've been using the latest (currently 1Password v8.9.8) on Fedora 36/37, there are times when the app just wouldn't sync.

After @nprokopic 's reply about CA, I checked Seahorse and realised it was caused by an ongoing issue I've been having with my PAM config preventing the keychain from unlocking when I use my Yubikeys to login on my desktop. For some reason I don't have this issue on other systems, I just get a prompt to enter my password when something needs keychain and it's locked. But I must have messed up the config on my desktop. At least I know what the issue is with 1Password now. Thanks @nprokopic

• Glad to hear you were able to figure out what the issue is @maxvram!

This discussion has been closed.