Windows Hello does not work with Chrome Extension

Windows Hello is configured and works just fine with Windows itself, the 1Password desktop app. But in the Chrome browser, it does not let me use Windows Hello.
As far as I can tell, this should be possible since 2.0.1 (26/05/2021)
https://blog.1password.com/big-changes-to-1password-in-the-browser/
What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2 (19044.1645)

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @MichaelMadsen! It sounds like the extension in Chrome is having a hard time communicating with the 1Password app in order to unlock your account with Windows Hello. To fix that, please try the following:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open your browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.

If that doesn't help, I'd like you to send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going on:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• bkimball90
    bkimball90
    Community Member

Did you figure this out? I have 2 users that both can't use Windows Hello with 1Password for Chrome (v2.4.3) and 1Password 8.9.8. I'm running v2.4.1 and am not having this issue. Is something wonky going on with the 2.4.3 release? Any way to download previous extensions to test? We've also tried your steps above without success. Thanks in advance. Brian

• MichaelMadsen
    MichaelMadsen
    Community Member

In my case it was Forticlient (VPN and anti malware) that had decided that 1Password extension was malware. We made an exception in Forticlient and then everything worked just fine. The 1Password support team helped me debug this and that's how we eventually identified the source of the problem.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @bkimball90, if the steps above did not work for you, then please send us some diagnostics information so that we can investigate things further:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• bkimball90
    bkimball90
    Community Member

Ticket submitted. Thanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bkimball90 Great! If you don't get a reply, please let me know the Support ID number and I'll look for it.

This discussion has been closed.