Upgraded to 8.9.8, and now nothing works

Options
megs88
megs88
Community Member

I just upgraded to the latest 8.9.8 on my Mac, and now 1Password is never triggered to fill in any user names or passwords. All text fields in a website remain blank, and I have to manually open 1Password, search for the login credentials, and then copy and past the user ID and password one-by-one. This is ridiculous! Why is the program no longer auto-populating anything? How to I revert to my prior 1Password 7 version that actually did work? I can't use this.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded and it stopped working

Comments

• APJCS
    APJCS
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem. I am running macOS Monterey. In Safari, I click into a password field and I get the list of suggested sites, however, when I select a 1password item to use the information is not entered into the fields. If I click on the item multiple times, I sometimes get it to work.

This is very frustrating and makes 1 password much less useful.

• Hi @megs88 - It sounds like you don't have the 1Password for Safari Extension installed. 1Password for Safari was built into 1Password 7 but it works a bit differently in 1Password 8, so you'll need to download 1Password for Safari separately. You can download 1Password for Safari here:

Get started with 1Password in your Browser

You can click the install button under the Safari icon on that page to open the App Store link to download the Safari extension.

@APJCS - this sounds like it could be a different issue. If you can send us an email to support+forum@1password.com a member of our team can help you with this. You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot which contains a conversation number. That'll look like [#ABC-12345-123]. Post that number here and I'll make sure your message reaches the right team.

This discussion has been closed.