1P8 Not Filling Passwords on Pixel 6a

mobius32x
mobius32x
Community Member

Hello: I have a Pixel 6a (was using 4a w/1P 8) and am using 1P8, but 1P isn't working. I have downloaded the app, can open it, can see my passwords, but when I go to a web site that I know I have a password for 1P isn't opening. I have to manually type it in. I'm a long time user and have migrated to phones before, but I've never experienced this.

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ Duck/Chrome/Firefox

Comments

• Hello @mobius32x, thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with Autofill on your Pixel!

To start, please check for any updates to your browser, keyboard and 1Password.

Next I'd like to ask you to try the following:
    1. Restart your device.
    2. Open and unlock 1Password.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Confirm Autofill is on then set Show filling suggestions off.
    5. Open a browser and navigate to a website where you've previously used Autofill.
    6. Tap the username or password field.

Do you see an Open 1Password prompt in the suggestion strip of your keyboard? If not, refresh the page and tap the username or password field again. If not, let us know which website and browser you used to try those steps. Thanks again!

• CPBooks
    CPBooks
    Community Member

This did not work for me. the Open 1 Password button is not visable
    Pixel 6a, Android version 13, Chrome
    https://banking.acu.ca (neither loading the app first nor accessing directly from 1P works)
    Access on PC using Windows 10 works well

• Hi @CPBooks, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you.

I've done some testing with banking.acu.ca and I haven't had any issues filling. Just to confirm, has the issue been with the website in Chrome or the ACU mobile app? Has this issue been primarily with ACU or with all the apps and websites you use?

• CPBooks
    CPBooks
    Community Member

This did not work for me. the Open 1 Password button is not visable
    Pixel 6a, Android version 13, Chrome
    https://banking.acu.ca (neither loading the app first nor accessing directly from 1P works)
    Access on PC using Windows 10 works well

• CPBooks
    CPBooks
    Community Member

The problem is solely with my Pixel 6a. As I said access on PC using Window 10 works. Both Edge and Chrome work on the PC.
    I am using Chrome on the Pixel. I've tried all of my 1P websites and the 'button' that links to 1Password and requests the 1P password in order to autofill does not appear on the screen. I'm unable to Autofill. I have turned the Autofill on and off using the phones settings directly and by going through the 1P settings.
    Autofill worked fine until last week. Wasn't a problem until I upgraded to 1P8.

• Hi @CPBooks, thanks for the additional details.

I'd like to ask you to send us a message at support+forum@1password.com so we can look in to this issue more closely. With your message, please include a description of the issue or copy and paste your most recent post. You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot which gives you a support number, that looks like [#ABC-12345-123], and if you post that here, I'll make sure your message gets to the right place. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.