How do I attach file to a record

ElectricPickle
ElectricPickle
Community Member

I am trying to attach a file to a login. I have uploaded it as a document, but cannot find any way to associate it to the login or upload directly to the login record.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: Win11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:attach file

Comments

• ElectricPickle
    ElectricPickle
    Community Member

I am trying to attach a file to a login. I have uploaded it as a document, but cannot find any way to associate it to the login or upload directly to the login record.

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member

Hello,
    When you save your item, the attached file is automatically saved and available on all your devices.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

I'm speaking about the v8 desktop app. Don't upload the file into a separate item such as a document as with old 1Password versions. You don't need to link separate login items with separate document items any more. Instead, just directly add a custom field for the file in the login item where you want it, (called "attach a file" so something like this) and upload the file with this.

• Hello @ElectricPickle and thanks for your feedback @Ekalb / @Tertius3!

I've included our guide here to save important files in the 1Password apps. This breaks down both document items and how to attach files to items, such as a login.

I hope this information but please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We're happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.